Why chose an MCS accredited company to install your heat pump?
At Plumbing and Renewables we are MCS accredited, but what are the benefits to the consumer in using a company like us? Installing a heat pump into a property could be carried out by most decent plumbers in a couple of days work, so why is it necessary to go to the extra hassle of finding an MCS accredited company to conduct your install?
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) is a nationally recognised quality assurance scheme, supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. It is a mark of quality and demonstrates compliance to industry standards that companies strive to meet and highlights to customers that companies are able to consistently install or manufacture to the highest quality every time. MCS demonstrates the quality of products and competence of installers in the renewable technology sector.
Using an MCS accredited company brings the following benefits:
1) Quality Assurance. MCS accredited companies are specialists in their fields. Their employees are trained on all the renewable microgeneration technologies that they offer. This brings the customer a wealth of ready knowledge and understanding of the products and how to get the best out of them. Systems will be designed, installed and set up to ensure optimum performance and efficiency based on the customers’ requirements.
2) Consumer Protection. MCS Installation Companies have to make sure that they sell their products and services to customers appropriately, without mis-selling or misleading a customer. The MCS adheres to the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC), which ensures that MCS Installation Companies are working to a Trading Standards Institute (TSI) Approved Code of Practice. It aims to be a guarantee of a high-quality experience for customers wishing to install energy generation systems into their homes
3) Financial Incentives. MCS accreditation for your installation is a pre-requisite when applying for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) or the government backed interest free loan (Scotland). These financial incentives can cover the costs of your installation helping free up your hard-earned money for other projects.
4) Insurance and Warranties. MCS members not only provide warranties on the products they install but on their workmanship too. Should the unfortunate happen and your installation company go bust, your installation still has warranty cover for any repairs required.
5) Handover & After Care Information. Once the installation is complete, the MCS accredited company provides the customer with a comprehensive handover pack. Many will also provide ongoing after care and advice, leaving you space to worry about something other than your heating.
At Plumbing and Renewables Ltd we work hard to maintain our MCS accreditation to ensure that our customers receive the optimum service and reassurance in their heating system. And for our customers, of whom most a local, our source of knowledge and experience is not simply cut off upon installation: we have a continued commitment to our customers after the installation and provide aftercare services.
At Plumbing and Renewables we offer free advice on Renewable Energy Heating Systems and we would love to hear from you. We are accredited for Air Source Heat Pumps, Ground Source Heat Pumps, Biomass and Solar Thermal. We have been MCS accredited since 2012.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Or have a look on the MCS website; https://www.microgenerationcertification.org/